Thursday, October 26, 2017

Fantasy

This week I started reading Coraline. This is my first time reading Neil Gaiman's work and I really liked the mood of the book. However, what I like most about Coraline is the visual style of the movie so there kind of feels like something is missing. I still have not finished the story yet.

Besides Coraline I also read Tarantula by Bob Dylan. It is not a fantasy book but I definitely enjoyed this book more than the other. I enjoyed the unstructured way that the book ran on and on. It felt like I was just reading excerpts from Bob Dylan's raw, unedited mind. The book combines poetry, lyrics, and spoken work but in some ways it feels like a storybook. Recurring themes seem to creep up and paint a better picture of what Bob is actually referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment